18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless 7/8" Rotary Hammer, accepts SDS-PLUS bits, Tool Only
The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless 7/8" SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer (model XRH04Z, tool only) delivers faster, more efficient percussive drilling to the jobsite. The versatile XRH04Z has 3-mode operation and a built-in torque limiter to ensure stable torque control for a range of concrete drilling tasks, with a more compact design and less vibration.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world's largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Makita-Built Motor Engineered for Versatile Power
The XRH04Z features a Makita-built high torque motor that delivers 0-1,200 RPM, 0-4,000 blows per minute (BPM), and 1.4 ft.lbs. of impact energy for a wide range of concrete drilling applications. The 3-mode switch allows for hammering, rotation, or hammering with rotation. It also delivers two-times faster drilling with synchronized RPM and BPM for more efficient drilling. The built-in torque limiter clutch disengages if the bit jams, and ensures more stable torque control.
Ergonomic Design in a Compact Size
The XRH04Z weighs just 7.7 lbs. (with battery, sold separately) with a more compact design at 16-3/8" long and an ergonomic shape that fits like a glove for reduced operator fatigue. The shock absorbent handle protects the battery and reduces vibration. In addition, the chisel rotates 360 degrees with 40 different positions to get the best working angle.
Versatile Design for a Range of Applications
The drilling and hammering capabilities are a perfect fit for the pro that wants more features, and is perfect for a range of concrete, steel and wood drilling applications. It is engineered for electricians, plumbers, masons, HVAC, and general contractors who require a best in class engineered cordless rotary hammer.
- Max. Capacity (concrete drilling): 7/8 in.
- Optimum Range (concrete drilling): 5/32 in. - 1/2 in.
- Impact Energy (Joules): 1.9 J
- Impact Energy (ft.lbs.): 1.4
- Vibration (m/s²): 12.5
- No Load Speed (variable speed): 0 - 1,200 RPM
- Blows Per Minute (variable speed): 0 - 4,000 BPM
- Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 16-3/8 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 7.7 lb.
- Bit Type: Accepts SDS-PLUS
- Power Type: Cordless
- Bind-Up Control: No
- Shipping Weight: 7.2 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-661775
- Makita-built variable speed motor delivers 0-1,200 RPM and 0-4,000 BPM
- 3-mode operation for "Rotation Only", "Hammering with Rotation" or "Hammering Only" for multiple applications
- Torque limiting clutch engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging gears if the bit binds
- Faster drilling with synchronized RPM and BPM
- Job site tested shock absorbent handle protects the battery housing for extra durability
- One-touch sliding chuck for quick bit changes
- Chisel rotates 360° with 40 different positions
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 16-3/8" long
- Weighs only 7.7 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Large 2-finger variable speed trigger for added convenience
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Electric brake allows the tool to be repositioned faster for maximum productivity
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) Side Handle (158057-6)
- (1) Depth Gauge (324219-0)