12" Metal Cutting Saw
Makita's 12-Inch Metal Cutting Saw (model LC1230) delivers power and ease-of-use features for a range of industrial metal-cutting applications. It is ideal for cutting in pipe, angle iron, conduit, and more.
15 AMP Motor Delivers 1,700 RPM
The LC1230 is powered by a Makita-built 15 amp motor that delivers 1,700 rpm for improved performance. The quick release "tool-less" guide plate adjusts from 0 degrees to 45 degrees for quick and easy miter cutting. Cutting capacities range from 4-1/2 inches at 90 degrees to 3-1/2 inches at 45 degrees.
Ease of Use Features for Improved Performance
Ease of use features include a quick release vise for secure material retention and fast repeated cut-offs, a socket wrench that stores on the base for convenient blade changes, and a shavings collection tray for easy waste disposal and a cleaner work environment. The LC1230 has a D-shaped handle with a 2-finger trigger and a lock-off button engineered to prevent accidental start-ups. The saw includes a carbide-tipped blade that lasts 50X longer than abrasive wheels and is engineered to cut clean, accurate and virtually burr-free.
- AMPS: 15
- Blade Diameter: 12 in.
- No Load Speed: 1,700 RPM
- Max. Cutting Capacity (at 90°): 4-1/2 in.
- Max. Cutting Capacity (at 45°): 3-1/2 in.
- Arbor: 1 in.
- No Tool Blade Change: No
- Overall Length: 20-1/4 in.
- Net Weight: 42.5 lb.
- Max. Cutting Capacity at 90° (aluminum): 4-1/2 in.
- Max. Cutting Capacity at 90° (mild steel): 4-1/2 in.
- Power Type: Corded
- Power Tool Product Type: Corded
- Shipping Weight: 50.1 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-029797
- Carbide-tipped blade lasts 50x longer than abrasive wheels; cuts clean, accurate and virtually burr-free
- Quick release vise for secure material retention and fast, repeated cut-offs
- Lock-off button for user convenience
- Quick release support fence adjusts 0-45° for miter cutting
- Shaft lock for easy blade changes with just one wrench
- Powerful 15.0 AMP motor for the most demanding applications
- 4x faster cutting in light pipe, angle iron, tubing, conduit and channel than abrasive cut-off saws
- D-shape handle for user comfort
- Socket wrench stores on base for convenient blade changes
- Shavings collection tray for easy waste disposal and a cleaner work environment
- Large cast aluminum base for stability
- Externally accessible brushes for greater serviceability
- Maximum cutting depth of 4-1/2" with carbide tipped blade
- (1) 12" (60T) Carbide-Tipped Metal Cutting Blade Metal (A-90532)
- (1) Socket Wrench (782210-8)
- (1) Safety Goggles (191686-2)