12V max CXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Barrel Grip Jig Saw Kit (2.0Ah)
The Makita 12V max CXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless Barrel Grip Jig Saw Kit (VJ05R1J) delivers fast and efficient cutting, with a compact design that's engineered for ease-of-use and maneuverability. The VJ05R1J features a barrel grip design for closer-to-work cutting, and is ideal for woodworkers, cabinet makers, remodelers, and general contractors. The kit includes two 12V max CXT® Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries for improved balance and ergonomics over pod-style batteries. For added convenience the batteries include an on-board L.E.D. charge level indicator.
The VJ05R1J has a compact and ergonomic design with less weight (only 3.9 lbs. with 12V max CXT® 2.0Ah battery). The efficient Makita-built brushless motor is engineered for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. The variable 5-speed control dial (800-3,000 RPM) enables the user to match the speed to the application, and the 3 orbital settings plus straight cutting provide added versatility. The soft start suppresses start-up reaction for better accuracy, and the no-load speed reduction feature automatically reduces SPM for more accurate cutting starts. Convenience features include “tool-less" blade changes, large 2-finger variable speed trigger with lock-on button, dual L.E.D. lights, and a built-in dust blower to clear the line of cut.
For longer run time, all 12V max CXT® cordless tools are also compatible with the 12V max CXT® Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery (BL1041B, sold separately). 12V max CXT® lithium-Ion batteries are engineered with a Battery Protection Circuit that protects against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating. It's part of the expanding 12V max CXT® series, combining performance with superior ergonomics in a compact size.
- Length of Stroke: 7/8 in.
- Max. Cutting Capacity at 90° (aluminum): 13/16 in.
- Max. Cutting Capacity at 90° (mild steel): 3/8 in.
- Max. Cutting Capacity at 90° (wood): 3-1/2 in.
- Strokes Per Minute (variable speed): 800 - 3,000 SPM
- Blade Shank: "T" Tang
- Battery: 12V max CXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 9-3/8 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 3.9 lb.
- Variable speed control dial: Yes
- Tool-less blade change: Yes
- Orbital settings: Yes
- Power Type: Cordless
- Shipping Weight: 10.14 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-848824
- Makita-built brushless motor and 3 orbital settings plus straight cutting deliver faster and more accurate cuts in a variety of materials
- Variable 5-speed control dial (800-3,000 SPM) enables user to match the speed to the application
- No-load speed reduction feature automatically reduces SPM for more accurate cutting starts
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for better accuracy
- Efficient BL™ Brushless Motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- "Tool-less" blade change system allows for faster blade installation and removal for increased productivity
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and SPM to the changing demands of the application
- Tilting base for bevel cuts from 0° - 45°
- Heavy gauge aluminum base for smooth, accurate cutting and added durability
- Dual L.E.D. lights illuminate the work area
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Built-in dust blower clears the line of cut for increased accuracy
- Weighs only 3.9 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 9-3/8" long
- Battery Protection Circuit protects against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 12V max CXT® Lithium-Ion 2.0Ah battery BL1021B, features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- Part of the expanding 12V max CXT® series, combining performance with superior ergonomics in a compact size
- Not compatible with 12V max pod-style tools, batteries and chargers
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- (1) 12V max CXT® Brushless Barrel Grip Jig Saw (VJ05Z)
- (2) 12V max CXT® Lithium-Ion 2.0Ah Battery (BL1021B)
- (1) 12V max CXT® Lithium-Ion Charger (DC10WD)
- (1) Jig Saw Blade
- (1) Tool Case