18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2" Driver-Drill, Tool Only
The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2" Driver-Drill (XFD03Z, tool only) delivers high torque, power, performance and improved ergonomics in a compact size. The XFD03Z weighs only 5 pounds (with battery, sold separately) with a superior power-to-weight ratio for a full range of drilling and driving applications.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world's largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
The XFD03Z is powered by a Makita-built 4-pole motor with bigger front end ball bearings, and delivers a full 750 in.lbs. of Max Torque. The new planetary gear system and transmission has been redesigned for increased durability in a more compact size, so the XFD03Z is 8-7/8" long and weighs only 5 lbs. (with battery, sold separately).
- Capacity (steel): 1/2 in.
- Capacity (wood): 3 in.
- No Load Speed (var. 2 spd): 0 - 400 / 0 - 2,000 RPM
- Maximum Torque (in.lbs./N•m): 750 in.lbs./84N•m
- Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 8-7/8 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 5 lb.
- Handle: Pistol
- Power Type: Cordless
- Shipping Weight: 5.07 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-653466
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 750 in.lbs. of Max Torque, 25% more than the previous model*
- Mechanical 2-speed transmission (0-400 & 0-2,000 RPM) for a wide range of drilling and fastening applications
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions
- Shift-Lock™ Drive System quickly shifts between modes
- All metal gears and aluminum gear housing for maximum job site durability
- Dual L.E.D. lights with afterglow enhanced illumination of work area
- Ergonomic shape fits like a glove with even pressure and easy control
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- All metal ratcheting chuck engineered to prevent bit slippage and improves bit retention
- 21 clutch setting for optimal fastening torque control
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- *Compared to LXFD01
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) Side Handle (419216-0)
- (1) Belt Clip (346034-7)