18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Oil-Impulse 3-Speed Impact Driver, Tool Only
Makita is the innovation leader in brushless motor technology, and the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Oil Impulse Brushless Cordless 3-Speed Impact Driver (XST01Z) changes the game in fastening with all the speed, power and ergonomic advantages that contractors demand while significantly decreasing noise level during operation. The XST01Z (tool only) features Oil Impulse™ Technology, which utilizes oil viscosity to hydraulically drive the impact mechanism for up to 30% less noise. In addition, the 3-speed selector with Quick Shift Mode™ provides the user with precise fastening control for a range of applications. The Makita BL™ Brushless Motor is engineered for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life.
The XST01Z features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™), engineered for increased dust and water resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world's largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Hex Shank: 1/4 in.
- No Load Speed (var. 3 spd.): 0 - 1,200 / 0 - 2,000 / 0 - 3,200 RPM
- Impacts Per Minute (var. 3 spd.): 0 - 1,400 / 0 - 2,200 / 0 - 2,700 IPM
- Maximum Torque (in.lbs./N•m): 355 in.lbs./40N•m
- Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 5-3/8 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 3.2 lb.
- Speed power selection: 3
- Power Type: Cordless
- Shipping Weight: 2.76 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-690492
- Oil-Impulse™ Technology utilizes oil to hydraulically drive the impact mechanism for lower noise and increased efficiency
- Quick-Shift Mode™ selector has an automatic electronic controller that downshifts and reduces rotation and impact speed prior to driving screw into place, and is engineered to minimize screw thread stripping, screw breakage and damage to work
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- 3-speed power selection switch (0-1,200 / 0-2,200 / 0-3,200 RPM & 0-1,400 / 0-2,200 / 0-2,700 IPM) provides the user with precise fastening control for a wide range of applications
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 5-3/8" long
- Weighs only 3.2 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauge indicates battery charge level
- Built-in L.E.D. light with an independent on/off switch illuminates the work area
- Convenient one-touch 1/4" hex chuck for quick bit changes
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- 3-year limited warranty