18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Compact Brushless Cordless 1/2" Driver-Drill Kit (2.0Ah)
The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 1/2" Driver-Drill (XFD12R) is an ideal drilling and driving solution for the user who wants a drill with superior power-to-weight ratio. The XFD12R combines 530 in.lbs. of Max Torque with an efficient brushless motor that delivers up 50% more work per charge, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. For the pro user, this means more drilling and driving power, greater productivity, and fewer trips up and down the scaffolding or ladder to get to the battery charger. In driver mode, the adjustable torque settings provide more control for a full range of applications, from large fasteners to smaller, delicate screws. It weighs only 3.4 lbs. (with 2.0Ah battery) for increased comfort and superior power-to-weight ratio. The kit includes two efficient 18V LXT® Compact 2.0Ah batteries, and each reach a full charge in only 25 minutes - the fastest charge-time in the category - for less downtime and increased productivity.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Capacity (steel): 1/2 in.
- Capacity (wood): 1-1/2 in.
- No Load Speed (var. 2 spd): 0 - 500 / 0 - 2,000 RPM
- Maximum Torque (in.lbs./N•m): 530 in.lbs./60N•m
- Battery: 18V LXT® Compact Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 6-3/4 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 3.4 lb.
- Handle: Pistol
- Power Type: Cordless
- Shipping Weight: 10.6 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-826457
- Mechanical 2-speed transmission (0-500 & 0-2,000 RPM) for a wide range of drilling and fastening applications
- BL™ Brushless motor delivers 530 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- Efficient BL™ Brushless Motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 6-3/4"
- Weighs only 3.4 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Built-in dual L.E.D. lights with afterglow illuminate the work area
- All metal 1/2" ratcheting chuck for improved bit gripping strength and durability
- All metal gears and gear housing for maximum job site durability
- 18V Compact Lithium-Ion 2.0Ah battery BL1820B provides up to 50% more run time per charge* *compared to BL1815
- 18V Compact Lithium-Ion 2.0Ah battery BL1820B reaches a full charge in 25 minutes or less
- 18V Compact Lithium-Ion 2.0Ah battery BL1820B is compatible with 18V LXT® Tools
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) 18V LXT® Compact Brushless 1/2" Driver-Drill (XFD12Z)
- (2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Compact 2.0Ah Battery (BL1820B)
- (1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
- (1) Tool Case