18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Compact Brushless Cordless Quick-Shift Mode™ 4-Speed Impact Driver Kit (2.0Ah)
Makita has a legacy of innovation in the cordless impact driver category, and the XDT12R sets new standards. The XDT12R has more torque and more speed than previous models, yet it has more features and the most compact size in the 18 volt category. For contractors, the XDT12R is a total fastening solution.
The XDT12R offers users four speed settings, as well as Makita's exclusive Quick-Shift Mode™ for increased fastening control. Quick-Shift Mode™ uses the brushless motor's electronic controls to find the best balance of speed and torque for each application for more efficient fastening. Another precision setting is Tightening Mode (T-mode), which downshifts and reduces rotation and impact speed prior to driving the screw into place, and is engineered to minimize screw thread stripping, screw breakage and damage to work.
In addition, the XDT12R features Assist Mode, which helps eliminate "screw cam-out" and "cross threading" by driving at low speed until tightening begins. It is ideal for driving longer fasteners.
The Makita-built BL™ Brushless Motor delivers a full 1,550 in.lbs. of Max Torque in the 4th speed setting. The 4-speed power selection switch provides the user with precise fastening control for a range of applications, from cabinet screws to lag bolts. It weighs only 2.7 lbs. with the 2.0Ah battery, and with a length of only 4-5/8" it is the most compact in its category.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Hex Shank: 1/4 in.
- No Load Speed (var. 4 spd.): 0 - 1,100 / 0 - 2,100 / 0 - 3,200 / 0 - 3,600 RPM
- Impacts Per Minute (var. 4 spd.): 0 - 1,100 / 0 - 2,600 / 0 - 3,600 / 0 - 3,800 IPM
- Maximum Torque (in.lbs./N•m): 1,550 in.lbs./75N•m
- Battery: 18V LXT® Compact Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 4-5/8 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 2.7 lb.
- Speed power selection: 4
- Power Type: Cordless
- Shipping Weight: 11.5 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-841849
- Quick-Shift Mode™ uses the brushless motor's electronic controls to find the best balance of speed and torque for each application for more efficient fastening
- BL™ Brushless Motor delivers 3,600 Max RPM and 1,550 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- 4-speed power selection switch (0-1,100/ 0-2,100/ 0-3,200/ 0-3,600 RPM & 0-1,100/ 0-2,600/ 0-3,600/ 0-3,800 IPM) provides precise fastening control for a wide range of applications
- Assist Mode (A-mode) feature helps eliminate "screw cam-out" and "cross threading" by driving at low speed until tightening begins
- Tightening Mode (T-mode) for faster tightening of self-drilling screws; helps prevent damage to the screw or workpiece
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 4-5/8" long
- Weighs only 2.7 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- All metal gear housing for increased job site durability
- Convenient one-touch 1/4" hex chuck for quick bit changes
- 3-stage battery gauge indicates battery charge level
- Built-in dual L.E.D. lights illuminate the work area
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Makita's proprietary hammer and anvil impact mechanism is manufactured using the best raw materials with the highest quality steel and unique heat hardening process for maximum fastening and driving power
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 2.0Ah battery BL1820B features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 2.0Ah battery BL1820B provides up to 50% more run time per charge*
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 2.0Ah battery BL1820B reaches a full charge in 25 minutes or less
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year warranty on tool, battery and charger
- *compared to BL1815
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) 18V LXT® Brushless 4-Speed Impact Driver (XDT12Z)
- (2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Compact 2.0Ah Battery (BL1820B)
- (1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
- (1) Tool Case (824774-7)