18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Portable Band Saw Kit (5.0Ah)
The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Portable Band Saw (model XBP02TX) delivers cordless metal cutting power for a range of applications. The XBP02TX has a Makita-built high torque motor and a compact design with less weight, as well as convenience features like variable speed and a built-in L.E.D. light. It is ideal for faster cutting through Unistrut®, all thread, channel, corrugated, conduit, pipe, sheet metal, square tubing, and more. The kit includes two 18V LXT® 5.0Ah batteries, and each reach a full charge in only 45 minutes.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world's largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Max. Cutting Capacity (round workpiece): 4-3/4 in.
- Max. Cutting Capacity (rectangular workpiece): 4-3/4 in. x 4-3/4 in.
- No Load Speed (ft./min., var. speed): 275 - 530 ft./min.
- Blade Length: 44-7/8 in.
- Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 20-5/8 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 14.3 lb.
- Built-in light: Yes
- Power Type: Cordless
- Shipping Weight: 27.12 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-834193
- 4-3/4" cutting capacity accepts a 44-7/8" blade and is ideal for cutting multiple metal materials
- Makita-built motor delivers faster cutting with variable speed 275-530 ft./min.
- Protection circuit with built-in alert light provides over-torque motor protection warning for increased durability
- Trigger switch with lock-off feature requires two actions to power on the band saw
- Conveniently located variable speed control dial enables user to match the speed to the application
- Thick protective rubber bumper for added durability
- Tool hook secures the tool when not in use
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 20-5/8" long and 14.3 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Adjustable stopper plate protects material and provides positive support for accurate cuts
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area for increased visibility
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Externally accessible brushes for greater serviceability
- On-board wrench storage for quick and easy stopper plate adjustment
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) 18V LXT® Portable Band Saw (XBP02Z)
- (2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
- (1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
- (1) 44-7/8" 18TPI Band Saw Blade (792556-A)
- (1) Tool Bag (831263-5)