18V X2 (36V) LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless 12" Chain Saw Kit (5.0Ah) and Brushless Angle Grinder
The 18V X2 LXT® Chain Saw is powered by two 18V LXT® batteries, so you get maximum performance and run time for gas-powered demands, without leaving the 18V LXT® platform. Model XCU02PTX1 is a kit and includes two fast-charging 18V LXT 5.0Ah batteries and an 18V Dual Port Charger that will charge two batteries simultaneously for increased productivity and less downtime. The kit also includes an 18V LXT® Brushless 4-1/2" Angle Grinder, which is equipped with an efficient brushless motor and Automatic Speed Change™ technology for corded grinding performance without the cord.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
The XCU02PT Chain Saw has a 12" guide bar and the Makita-built motor delivers 1,650 FPM for increased cutting speed, but with less noise (only 87 dB(A)). It has zero emissions and reduced maintenance: there's no engine oil to change, no spark plug to replace, and no air filter or muffler to clean. And there's no need to drain the fuel for storage. Simply pick up your XCU02PT, load two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries, and the saw is ready to use.
Additional features include a "tool-less" chain adjustments, a front hand guard engineered to actuate chain brake when engaged, an electric brake for maximum productivity, and more.
- Guide Bar Length: 12 in.
- Chain Speed: 1,650 FPM
- Pitch: 3/8 in.
- Gauge: .043 in.
- Battery: 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 24-5/8 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 10.1 lb.
- Power Type: Cordless
- Chain Saw Feature: Top handle
- Shipping Weight: 26.8 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-847377
- Makita-built motor delivers 1,650 FPM chain speed for faster cutting
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries deliver power and performance without leaving the 18V LXT® platform
- Low noise level at only 87 dB(A) and zero emissions for operator comfort
- 12" guide bar for increased capacity
- "Tool-less" chain adjustment for convenient operation and maintenance
- Front hand guard actuates chain brake when engaged
- Electronic Torque Control turns the motor off if rotation speed suddenly slows or wheel is forced to stop
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life; delivers 8,500 RPM
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- L.E.D. battery indicators show charge level for each 18V LXT® battery
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B provides up to 65% more run time per charge compared to 3.0Ah battery BL1830
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Dual Port Charger charges two (2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah batteries in only 45 minutes
- Dual Port Charger features a built-in USB port for charging portable electronic devices
- The Makita Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Built-in fan circulates air through the battery during the charging process to cool the battery for faster charge time.
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) 18V X2 (36V) LXT® 12" Chain Saw (XCU02Z)
- (2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
- (1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Dual Port Charger (DC18RD)
- (1) 12" Saw Chain 3/8" LP, .043" (E-02440)
- (1) 12" Guide Bar, 3/8" LP, .043" (E-00066)
- (1) Spike Bar (197819-7)
- (1) 18V LXT® Brushless Angle Grinder