18V X2 LXT® Lithium-Ion (36V) Brushless Cordless 1-1/8" AVT® Rotary Hammer, accepts SDS-PLUS bits, AFT®, AWS™ Capable, Tool Only
The Makita 18V X2 LXT® (36V) Brushless 1-1/8" AVT® Rotary Hammer (accepts SDS-PLUS bits) is a cordless concrete solution that's loaded with advanced engineering for maximum efficiency and convenient dust extraction. It's powered by two 18V LXT® batteries and an efficient brushless motor for maximum power, speed and run-time for corded demands, without the cord. With X2 LXT technology, the Rotary Hammer delivers up to 140 1/2" x 2-3/8" holes per charge when using two 18V LXT 5.0Ah batteries (sold separately).
For added convenience, model XRH11Z includes a quick change chuck that allows fast and easy interchangeability from SDS-PLUS to 1/2" keyless chuck designed to accept round and hex shank bits.
The Rotary Hammer is compatible with an optional OSHA Table 1 compliant on-board dust extractor attachment with filter-cleaning mechanism designed to maintain optimum suction efficiency (model DX08, sold separately). When installed, the trigger-activated dust extractor is powered by a separate motor which increases suction efficiency without sacrificing the performance of the rotary hammer. The rubber suction gasket is engineered to provide consistent contact with the work surface, where the dust is channeled to the clear dust container with HEPA filter which captures 99.97% of dust particles (size .3 microns). An added feature is a 3-second delay on the vacuum motor: After the trigger is released, the 3-second extended suction collects remnant dust and particles as the bit is being pulled out of the work surface, making it ideal for overhead drilling.
The rotary hammer can be used with a separate attachment and dust extractor (sold separately). The Rotary Hammer is AWS™ capable with Auto-Start Wireless System, which utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and equipped dust extractor. To activate AWS, simply install the Auto-Start Wireless Transmitter (198901-5, sold separately) and synchronize with an AWS-equipped dust extractor (XCV08, sold separately).
For reduced vibration, it's equipped with Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®). More than just a padded handle, AVT is an internal counterbalance that uses air pressure to move counterweight pistons in the opposite direction of the drive piston to actively reduce vibration. In addition, the vibration-absorbing back handle and side handle further reduce vibration. The result is a low vibration rating of only 9m/s², but with no compromise in performance: The efficient brushless motor delivers a full 2.3 ft. lbs. of impact energy, with 0-980 RPM and 0-5,000 BPM.
The Rotary Hammer includes both mechanical and electronic technologies to address bit binding. Active Feedback-Sensing Technology (AFT®) uses an on-board accelerometer to measure rotation and electronically turns off the motor if rotation of bit is suddenly forced to stop. In addition, the torque limiting clutch is engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging the gears if the bit binds. Added features include constant speed control which automatically adds power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most demanding jobs, electric brake, variable speed dial, built-in L.E.D. light, and a retractable tool hook. For added durability in harsh job site conditions, Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance.
It is ideal for a range of trades including mechanical/electrical/plumbing contractors, concrete contractors, road and bridge contractors, utility workers, pest control, maintenance operations, and more. It accepts SDS-PLUS bits.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Max. Capacity (concrete drilling): 1-1/8 in.
- Optimum Range (concrete drilling): 3/16 in. - 5/8 in.
- Max. Capacity (concrete drilling w/ core bit): 2-1/8 in.
- Impact Energy (ft.lbs.): 2.3
- Impact Energy (Joules): 3.2 J
- Blows Per Minute (variable speed): 0 - 5,000 BPM
- No Load Speed (variable speed): 0 - 980 RPM
- Vibration Control: Yes
- Vibration (m/s²): 9.5
- Battery: 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 15-7/8 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 11.2 lb.
- Bit Type: Accepts SDS-PLUS
- Power Type: Cordless
- Automatic-start Wireless System (AWS™): Capable (transmitter sold separately)
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®): Yes
- Bind-Up Control: Yes
- Shipping Weight: 10.6 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-861977
- X2 LXT® technology delivers up to 140 1/2" x 2-3/8" holes per charge using two 18V LXT® 5.0Ah batteries (batteries not included)
- Powerful BL™ Brushless motor delivers 0-980 RPM, 0-5,000 BPM and 2.3 ft.lbs. of impact energy to handle the most demanding applications
- Dust extraction capability with optional OSHA Table 1 compliant on-board Dust Extractor Attachment
- Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS™) which utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and dust extractor
- AWS™ capable with Auto-Start Wireless Transmitter (part no. 198901-5) sold separately
- Active Feedback-Sensing Technology (AFT®) electronically turns off the motor if rotation of bit is suddenly forced to stop
- Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®) is an active internal counterbalance system which is engineered to reduce vibration for increased comfort
- Vibration-absorbing back handle and side handle further reduce vibration and increase comfort on the job
- Quick change chuck allows fast and easy interchangeability from SDS-PLUS to 1/2" keyless chuck designed to accept round and hex shank bits
- Torque limiting clutch engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging gears if the bit binds
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most challenging jobs
- Electric brake allows the tool to be repositioned faster for maximum productivity
- Variable speed dial and trigger enables user to match the speed to the application
- Built-in L.E.D. light with an independent on/off illuminates the work area
- Ergonomic soft-grip handle and large 2-finger trigger provide increased comfort on the job
- Retractable tool hook secures the tool when not in use
- 3-mode operation for "Rotation Only", "Hammering with Rotation" or "Hammering Only" for multiple applications
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) Quick Change 1/2" Keyless Chuck (199135-3)
- (1) Side Handle
- (1) Depth Gauge