18V X2 LXT® Lithium-Ion (36V) Brushless Cordless 1-9/16" Advanced AVT® Rotary Hammer, accepts SDS-MAX bits, AWS™, Tool Only
The Makita 18V X2 LXT® (36V) Brushless 1-9/16" Advanced AVT® Rotary Hammer with AWS is a cordless concrete solution that's loaded with advanced engineering for maximum efficiency. It's equipped with Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS) for wireless connectivity with an AWS-equipped dust extractor (sold separately), and features Advanced AVT® for reduced vibration. It's powered by two 18V LXT® batteries (sold separately) and an efficient brushless motor for maximum power, speed and run-time for corded demands, without the cord.
The XRH07ZKU is engineered with Advanced Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®), a synchronized three-component system for significantly less vibration. AVT® is more than just a padded handle. The three-component system includes an internal counterbalance that uses air pressure to move counterweight pistons in the opposite direction of the drive piston to actively reduce vibration. The result is a low vibration rating of only 5m/s², but with no compromise in performance: The efficient brushless motor delivers a full 8.4 ft. lbs. of impact energy, with 250-500 RPM and 1,450-2,900 BPM.
For improved efficiency, it's equipped with Auto-Start Wireless System technology. AWS utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless communication between the tool and dust extractor (sold separately). When the trigger of the AWS-equipped XRH07ZKU is engaged, the AWS-equipped dust extractor powers-up. When the trigger is released, the dust extractor powers-down. AWS is intelligent communication that eliminates cords and excessive noise since the dust extractor runs only when the tool is running.
Additional performance features include a torque limiting clutch engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging the gears if the bit binds, and constant speed control that automatically adds power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most demanding jobs. Soft start technology suppresses start-up reaction for more precision and better accuracy, and the soft no-load function automatically reduces the speed of the motor when idling - this helps increase tool life and battery run-time.
The XRH07ZKU is engineered for a range of concrete applications including drilling/coring through-holes for pipes, setting larger anchors, securing tilt-wall supports, small chipping applications, and more. It is ideal for a range of trades including masons, concrete contractors, demolition contractors, plumbers, electricians, sprinkler installers, and general contractors seeking a best-in-class rotary hammer. It accepts SDS-MAX bits.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Max. Capacity (concrete drilling): 1-9/16 in.
- Optimum Range (concrete drilling): 5/8 in. - 1-1/4 in.
- Max. Capacity (concrete drilling w/ core bit): 4-1/8 in.
- Impact Energy (ft.lbs.): 8.4
- Impact Energy (Joules): 11.4 J
- Blows Per Minute (variable speed): 1,450 - 2,900 BPM
- No Load Speed (variable speed): 250 - 500 RPM
- Vibration Control: Yes
- Vibration (m/s²): 5
- Battery: 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 18-5/8 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 16.8 lb.
- Bit Type: Accepts SDS-MAX
- Power Type: Cordless
- Automatic-start Wireless System (AWS™): Yes (Transmitter Included)
- Shipping Weight: 27.78 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-856164
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries deliver the power and run time for corded demands without leaving the 18V LXT® platform (batteries not included)
- Powerful BL™ Brushless motor delivers 250-500 RPM, 1,450-2,900 BPM and 8.4 ft.lbs. of impact energy to handle the most demanding applications
- Auto-start Wireless System (AWS™) utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and dust extractor
- Dust extraction capability with optional Makita Dust Attachment Kit
- Torque limiting clutch engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging gears if the bit binds
- Advanced Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®) is a synchronized, three-component system that actively works to reduces vibration resulting in a low 5 m/s2
- Advanced AVT® includes an air actuated counterbalance that utilizes air pressure to produce counterweight motion and effectively reduce vibration
- Advanced AVT® includes a vibration absorbing housing which moves independently of the motor and hammer mechanism effectively isolating vibration
- Advanced AVT® includes an integrated damper spring at the base of the impact bolt engineered to absorb impact vibrations from the drill bit
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most challenging jobs
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for more precision and better accuracy
- "Soft no-load" function automatically reduces the speed of the motor when idling to help increase tool life and performance
- Electric brake allows the tool to be repositioned faster for maximum productivity
- Built-in L.E.D. light with an independent on/off switch illuminates the work area
- Variable speed control dial enables user to match the speed to the application for greater versatility
- Large three finger power trigger for increased comfort during extended use
- Flush mount 2-mode hammer selector for "Chipping Only" or "Hammering with Rotation" modes
- 24 bit angle settings allow the bit to be set at different positions for operating convenience
- One-touch sliding chuck for quick bit changes
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) Auto-Start Wireless Transmitter (198901-5)
- (1) Side Handle Assembly
- (1) Depth Rod
- (1) Bit Grease
- (1) Tool Case