18V X2 LXT® Lithium-Ion (36V) Brushless Cordless 7" Paddle Switch Cut-Off/Angle Grinder, with Electric Brake and AWS™, Tool Only
Makita delivers corded grinding performance without the cord with the 18V X2 LXT® Lithium-Ion (36V) Brushless 7" Paddle Switch Cut-Off/Angle Grinder with Electric Brake and AWS™ (tool only, battery and charger sold separately). It's powered by a Makita brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. For the most demanding applications, Makita's exclusive Automatic Speed Change™ technology automatically adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimal performance. The XAG22ZU1 is ideal for grinding and cutting a wide range of materials including tile, concrete, pipe, conduit, and more.
For improved efficiency, it's equipped with Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS™) technology. AWS™ utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless communication between the tool and dust extractor (sold separately). When the trigger is engaged, the AWS™-equipped dust extractor powers-up. When the trigger is released, the dust extractor powers down. AWS™ is intelligent communication that eliminates cords and excessive noise since the dust extractor runs only when the tool is running.
Additional features include the BL™ Brushless Motor, Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®), and an electric brake that stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 2 seconds or less. The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life. AFT® turns the motor off if rotation speed suddenly slows or the wheel is forced to a stop.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Wheel Diameter: 7 in.
- Battery: 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- No Load Speed: 7,800 RPM
- Spindle Thread: 5/8 in. - 11 UNC
- Lock-On Switch: No
- Lock-Off Switch: Yes
- Max. Cutting Depth: 1-7/8 in.
- Switch Type: Rear trigger handle
- Electric Brake: Yes
- Variable speed control dial: No
- Automatic-start Wireless System (AWS™): Yes (Transmitter Included)
- Overall Length: 19-5/8 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 11.4 lb.
- Power Type: Cordless
- Bind-Up Control: Yes
- Shipping Weight: 14.9 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-867061
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life; delivers 7,800 RPM
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries deliver corded power without leaving the 18V LXT® battery platform (batteries not included)
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®) turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- Electric brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 4.5 seconds or less for maximum productivity
- Auto-start Wireless System (AWS™) utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and dust extractor
- Dust Extraction Surfacing Shroud is available for concrete surfacing applications
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- Anti-restart protection engineered to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked on
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Rear handle paddle switch with no lock-on feature
- Vibration absorbing back handle is isolated from the motor housing effectively reducing vibration to the operator's hands
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- L.E.D. battery charge indicator alerts user of drained power for each of the two batteries (batteries not included)
- Large spindle lock button for easier wheel changes while wearing gloves
- Wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent debris from entering motor
- Tool-less wheel guard for quick and easy adjustments
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Protective roll cage helps protect batteries from damage due to common everyday handling (batteries not included)
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) 7" Tool-less Wheel Guard (123542-8)
- (1) 7" Cut-Off Wheel Guard (122914-4)
- (1) 7" x 1/16" x 7/8" INOX Thin Cut-Off Wheel, 60 Grit (B-12669)
- (1) 7" x 1/4" x 7/8" INOX Grinding Wheel, 36 Grit (A-96045)
- (1) Side Handle (143486-6)
- (1) Lock Nut Wrench (782412-6)
- (1) Auto-Start Wireless Transmitter (198901-5)