18V X2 LXT® Lithium-Ion (36V) Brushless Cordless 9" Paddle Switch Cut-Off/Angle Grinder, with Electric Brake, Tool Only
Makita, a pioneer in brushless motor technology and battery innovation, combines both in the 18V X2 LXT® (36V) Lithium-Ion Brushless 9" Paddle Switch Cut-Off/Angle Grinder with Electric Brake. It's powered by two 18V Lithium-Ion batteries (sold separately) for 36V power and performance, and has an electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless motor that matches torque and RPM to the application. Makita 18V X2 means freedom from the cord, even for demanding applications like grinding and cut-off applications that often call for a corded grinder. Best of all, users can remain in one battery platform, using the same fast-charging 18V batteries on the XAG13 as they use across the Makita 18V LXT® cordless tool system.
The XAG13 is equipped with efficiency features for maximum performance. The electric brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 4.5 seconds or less for maximum productivity, and the Electronic Torque Control turns the motor off if rotation speed suddenly slows or the wheel is forced to a stop. For consistent performance, Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjust speed and torque during operation. For added comfort, the vibration absorbing back handle is isolated from the motor housing for reduced vibration, and the soft start feature suppresses start-up reaction for smoother start-ups and longer gear life. It has a no lock-on rear paddle trigger switch, and the anti-restart protection is engineered to prevent motor start-up when the battery is inserted with the switch locked on.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Wheel Diameter: 9 in.
- Battery: 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- No Load Speed: 6,000 RPM
- Spindle Thread: 5/8 in. - 11 UNC
- Lock-On Switch: No
- Lock-Off Switch: Yes
- Switch Type: Rear trigger handle
- Electrical Brake: Yes
- Variable speed control dial: No
- Automatic-start Wireless System (AWS™): No
- Overall Length: 19-5/8 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 13.01 lb.
- Power Type: Cordless
- Vibration - Surface Grinding (m/s²): 7.5
- Bind-Up Control: Yes
- Shipping Weight: 13.5 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-851473
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life; delivers 6,000 RPM
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries deliver corded power without leaving the 18V LXT® battery platform (batteries not included)
- Electric brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 4.5 seconds or less for maximum productivity
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®) turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- Vibration absorbing back handle is isolated from the motor housing effectively reducing vibration to the operator's hands
- Rear handle paddle switch with no lock-on feature
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Anti-restart protection engineered to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked on
- Weighs only 13.01 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- L.E.D. battery charge indicator alerts user of drained power for each of the two batteries (batteries not included)
- Large spindle lock button for easier wheel changes while wearing gloves
- Protective roll cage helps protect batteries from damage due to common everyday handling (batteries not included)
- Wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent debris from entering motor
- Tool-less wheel guard for quick and easy adjustments
- Efficient internal cooling is engineered for optimum performance
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) 9" Tool-less Wheel Guard (123543-6)
- (1) 9" Cut-Off Wheel Guard (122913-6)
- (1) 9" x 1/4" x 7/8" INOX Grinding Wheel, 36 Grit (A-96051)
- (1) 9" x .075" x 7/8" INOX Thin Cut-Off Wheel, 60 Grit (B-12675)
- (1) Side Handle (143486-6)
- (1) Lock Nut Wrench (782412-6)