4-5/8" Aluminum Groove Cutter
Get the right solution for cutting grooves in aluminum composite materials. The Makita 4-5/8" Aluminum Groove Cutter is engineered for smooth and convenient cutting, with features for precision and ease of use. The 12 AMP motor has a variable speed control dial (2,200 - 6,400) so users can set the speed to the application. Adjusting the depth-of-cut is a snap with the depth adjustment dial, which has stops at 3 mm, 4 mm and 6 mm. For the most challenging cuts, the Cutter has an electronic controller that applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load for constant and consistent blade speed. The electronic controller also provides soft start for smoother start-ups and longer gear life. The Cutter is constructed with magnesium components for less weight (only 11.3 lbs.) with a well-balanced design for increased comfort.
- AMPS: 12
- Blade Diameter: 4-5/8 in.
- No Load Speed (variable speed): 2,200 - 6,400 RPM
- Max. Cutting Depth: 7/16 in.
- Arbor: 13/16 in.
- Overall Length: 13-5/8 in.
- Net Weight: 11.3 lb.
- Shipping Weight: 14.75 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-699815
- 12 AMP motor for optimum performance in aluminum composite materials
- Variable speed control dial (2,200 - 6,400 RPM) enables user to match the speed to the application
- Built-in depth adjustment dial allows multiple cutting stops at 3 mm, 4 mm and 6 mm
- Close to the edge cutting (11/16") for increased accuracy of application
- Built-in dust port swivels for increased maneuverability when connected to vacuum hose; connects to a vacuum with optional 24 mm Hose Cuff (part no. P-70487)
- Electronic controller provides constant speed control which automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load
- Electronic Controller provides an electronic current limiter which helps protect the motor from overload in high torque applications
- Electronic Controller provides soft start which is designed to suppress start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Mechanical brake for increased productivity
- Smooth and convenient plunge release lever for operator comfort
- Aluminum components for a well balanced and lightweight saw; weighs only 11.3 lbs.
- Blade wrench attaches to the saw for fast and convenient blade changes
- Rubberized handles for added comfort
- Cuts 90º and 135º grooves with the appropriate blade installed
- Includes a premium 90º carbide-tipped blade for quality groove cutting
- Optional guide rail system interacts with the saw base to provide smooth and accurate straight grooves (rail available at 55" and 118" lengths)
- (1) 4-5/8" (3 mm) Aluminum Grooving C.T. Saw Blade, 90º (A-96132)
- (1) Hex Wrench (783022-2)