Ride or walk behind the performance and dependability of the Ryan® Heavy Duty Sod Cutter.
Large enough to conquer big jobs yet still easily portable, this unit is ideal for sod farms and sports fields. It is capable of cutting and rolling up to three acres of sod a day. No sod cutter has ever been more user-friendly. Adjust blade depth, change blade angles and control the handle-mounted throttle all from the operator’s station. A cutting-depth guide helps ensure that every adjustment is accurate. An automatic sod cutoff blade provides precise cutting of the sod strips. The forward metering wheel measures the length of the sod strip and triggers the automatic cutoff blade. Sod strips can be cut in lengths from one to six feet long. Want even more efficiency? The available sulky roller kit allows you to cut and roll at the same time. The only thing you’ll be rolling up faster than the sod will be your bankroll.
- Engine Model 4-cycle Honda® GX390; recoil start; on/off switch; low-oil alert
- Displacement: 23.7 cu in (389 cc)
- Fuel Capacity 1.6 gal (6.1 L)
- Oil Capacity 1.16 qt (1.1 L)
- Clutch: Spring-loaded belt tightener
- Drive: Banded A-section, V-belt engine to gear case; gears and roller chain to drive wheels; gears to blade eccentric shaft; all gears heat-treated; two forward speeds; transmission has dog clutch to disengage blade
- Drive Wheel: (2) 8 in. (203 mm) diameter, knob tread; rubber-vulcanized to cast-iron hubs
- Lubrication Oil: splash in gear case; pressure grease fittings elsewhere
- Speed - High Gear: 187 ft/min (57 m/min)
- Speed - Low Gear: 150 ft/min (46 m/min)
- Auto Cutoff: Roller chain drive; friction disc clutch and break; sod-strip length adjustable from 1 ft (305 mm) to 6 ft (1,829 mm)
- Cutting Width: 12 in. (305 mm) or 18 in. (457 mm)
- Cutting Thickness: Adjustable up to 2.5 in (64 mm)
- Rear Tires: 2.80 / 2.50 x 4 with sealed roller bearings
- Weight/Wet: 16 in Model: 551 lb (250 kg)
- Weight/Wet: 18 in Model: 556 lb (252 kg)
- Width: 31 in (787 mm)
- Length: 78 in (1,981 mm)
- Height: 36 in (914 mm)
- Durable cutting blade is easily adjustable down to a depth of 2 ½” and can change angles to match soil and blade conditions.
- A forward metering wheel helps measure and cut sod accurately.
- Automatic sod cutoff provides precise cutting of sod strips from one to six feet long.