18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Threaded Rod Cutter, Tool Only
Makita has delivered a cordless cutting solution for steel rod cutting with the 18V LXT® Brushless Cordless Threaded Rod Cutter (XCS03Z, tool only). It will make up to 1,300 cuts of 3/8" coarse thread threaded rod and 1,200 cuts of 3/8" coarse thread stainless steel threaded rod with a 5.0Ah battery (sold separately). The compact design makes the XCS03Z ideal for overhead cutting of installed threaded rod. Provides spark-free cuts that are clean and burr-free allowing easy hand-threading of fastener or nut.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Blade Configuration: Double sided
- Max. Cutting Capacity: 3/8 in.
- Min. Cutting Capacity: 1/4 in.
- Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 7-7/8 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 7 lb.
- Power Type: Cordless
- Form Factor (LXT): 18V LXT®
- Motor Type: Brushless
- Shipping Weight: 7.06 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-880770
- Provides spark-free cuts that are clean and burr-free for easy hand-threading of fastener or nut
- Up to 1,300 cuts of 3/8" mild steel threaded rod and 1,200 cuts of 3/8" stainless steel threaded rod with one 18V LXT 5.0Ah battery (battery not included)
- Ideal for overhead cutting of installed threaded rod including 1/4" and 3/8" coarse thread diameter sizes
- Ergonomically designed handle provides a more comfortable hand position for increased comfort and less fatigue
- Compact design at only 7-7/8" long and weighs only 7 lbs. with battery (battery not included)
- Automatic blade stop mechanism returns blade to open position once cut is complete to continue operation
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Integrated two-position threaded rod guide helps stabilize material for precise cuts
- L.E.D. light with afterglow illuminate the work area for increased visibility
- Retractable hook allows tool to remain close by, but not in the way
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Equipped with shoulder strap hook for maximum portability
- Includes reversible double-edged cutting dies for twice the life of the blade
- On-board hex wrench storage for fast and convenient blade changes
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) 3/8" Cutter Blade Set (199081-0)
- (1) Depth Gauge
- (1) 1/4" Cutter Blade Set (199444-0)
- (1) Blade Cover
- (1) Hex Wrench