18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2" Driver-Drill, Tool Only
The Makita 18V Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2" Driver-Drill (model XFD10Z, tool only, battery sold separately) delivers power, performance and superior ergonomics in a compact size, with an efficient 4-pole motor that delivers 480 in.lbs. of Max Torque and 25% more speed than the previous model.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world's largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
The XFD10Z is built with an all-metal two-speed transmission (0-600/0-1,900 RPM). It has a compact and ergonomic design with less weight and superior balance for reduced operator fatigue, and a rubberized soft grip for increased comfort on the job. The built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the job area for applications in dark spaces and close quarters. With Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™), the drill is engineered for improved water and dust resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions
- Capacity (steel): 1/2 in.
- Capacity (wood): 1-1/2 in.
- No Load Speed (var. 2 spd): 0 - 600 / 0 - 1,900 RPM
- Maximum Torque (in.lbs./N•m): 480 in.lbs./54N•m
- Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 7-3/8 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 3.3 lb.
- Handle: Pistol
- Power Type: Cordless
- Form Factor (LXT): 18V LXT®
- Motor Type: Brushed
- Shipping Weight: 3.8 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-699020
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 480 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- Mechanical 2-speed transmission (0-600 & 0-1,900 RPM) for a wide range of drilling and fastening applications
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Dual L.E.D. lights with afterglow illuminate the work area
- Ergonomically designed handle with rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort
- Weighs only 3.3 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 7-1/4" long
- All metal gears for increased durability
- Ratcheting chuck engineered to prevent bit slippage and improves bit retention
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger not included)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger not included)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger not included)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- *compared to XFD01Z