18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless 22" Hedge Trimmer, Tool Only
Landscapers and contractors are demanding more cordless alternatives to corded and gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE, including the Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer (model XHU02Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately). With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance, the XHU02Z is a welcome solution for trimming applications.
The XHU02Z has a Makita-built motor that delivers 2,700 SPM and a 22 in. blade for increased cutting capacity. The XHU02Z will run up to 1-1/2 hours on the low setting on a single charge using an 18V LXT® 4.0Ah battery (sold separately). Cordless technology also means lower noise, and at only 87 dB(A) the XHU02Z is 25% quieter than other cordless hedge trimmers.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Blade Length: 22 in.
- Strokes Per Minute: 2,700 SPM
- Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 38 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 7.4 lb.
- Net Weight (without battery): 6 lb.
- Power Type: Cordless
- Tooth Spacing: 15/16 in.
- Form Factor (LXT): 18V LXT®
- Motor Type: Brushed
- Shipping Weight: 9.75 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-673778
- 22" dual action double-sided shear blade for precision cutting
- Makita-built motor delivers 2,700 SPM for fast cutting speed
- Up to 1-1/2 hours of run time using an 18V LXT® 4.0Ah battery
- Anti-vibration design (five cushions within the housing) for operator comfort
- Compact and ergonomic design for easy maneuverability
- Lower noise level at only 87 dB(A) for operator comfort
- Weighs only 7.4 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 3-year limited warranty
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) Blade Cover (450490-1)