18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless 5-3/8" Metal Cutting Saw, with Electric Brake and Chip Collector, Tool Only
Makita is the leader in brushless motor technology, and the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless 5-3/8" Metal Cutting Saw (model XSC03Z, tool only) delivers faster metal cutting through Unistrut®, all thread, channel, conduit, pipe, sheet metal, square tubing, steel and more. With a maximum 2" cutting capacity, it is ideal for electrical contractors since it will cut 2" conduit in one pass - a huge time saver. It is also ideal for HVAC, installation, metal building, metal fabrication, plumbing, metal roofing, and for any pro-contractor who requires a best-in-class cordless metal cutting saw.
The XSC03Z features a transparent chip collector box which captures debris produced while cutting and provides needed visibility in determining need for disposal. Additional features include a trigger switch with two stage lock-off requiring two actions to power the saw and an electric brake allowing the tool to be repositioned for maximum productivity. Makita offers four optimum 5-3/8" blade options for use with the XSC03Z: 30T carbide tipped for metal and general purpose; 50T for thin metal; 50T for aluminum; and 56T for stainless steel (all sold separately).
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. Batteries sold separately.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Blade Diameter: 5-3/8 in.
- Arbor: 5/8 in.
- Max. Cutting Depth: 2 in.
- No Load Speed: 3,600 RPM
- Electric Brake: Yes
- Dust Collection: Yes
- Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 13-3/4 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 6 lb.
- Power Type: Cordless
- Form Factor (LXT): 18V LXT®
- Motor Type: Brushed
- Shipping Weight: 7.03 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-865630
- Up to 2" cutting depth in various metal materials including thread rod, channel strut, conduit, pipe, square tubing, sheet metal and more
- Makita-built motor delivers 3,600 RPM for faster cutting using an 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion battery (battery not included)
- Transparent chip collector box captures debris produced while cutting and provides needed visibility in determining need for disposal
- Trigger switch with two stage lock-off requires two actions to power the saw
- Electric brake allows the tool to be repositioned faster for maximum productivity
- Built-in L.E.D. light with an independent on/off illuminates the cutting line at the front of the saw
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Stainless steel base reduces chip build-up to prevent surface damage
- Compact and low-profile design at only 13-3/4" long
- On-board wrench storage for operator convenience
- Weighs only 6 lbs. with 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) 5-3/8" 30T C.T. Saw Blade (A-95037)
- (1) Hex Wrench (783203-8)
- (1) Eye Goggles