18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Portable Band Saw, Tool Only
The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Portable Band Saw (model XBP02Z, tool only) delivers cordless metal cutting power to the jobsite. The XBP02Z has a Makita-built high torque motor and a compact design with less weight for a range of cutting applications in a variety of metal materials.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world's largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Makita-Built Motor Engineered for Versatile Power
The XBP02Z features a Makita-built high torque motor and a 6-setting variable speed control dial that delivers a no load speed of 275-530 ft./min. for faster metal cutting through Unistrut®, all thread, channel, corrugated, conduit, pipe, sheet metal, square tubing, and more. The adjustable foot protects material and provides positive support for more accurate cuts.
Ergonomic Design in a Compact Size
The XBP02Z weighs just 14.3 lbs. (with battery, sold separately) with a more compact design at 20-5/8" long and an ergonomic shape that fits like a glove for reduced operator fatigue. The XBP02Z is also equipped with a built in L.E.D. light that illuminates the work area for more efficient work, as well as rubber bumpers and a removable hook.
Versatile Design for a Range of Applications
The XBP02Z is engineered for a range of metal cutting tasks, and it's perfect for electrical, HVAC, installation, metal building, metal fabrication, plumbing, and any pro contractor who requires a best-in-class engineered cordless portable band saw.
- Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Max. Cutting Capacity (round workpiece): 4-3/4 in.
- Max. Cutting Capacity (rectangular workpiece): 4-3/4 in. x 4-3/4 in.
- Blade Length: 44-7/8 in.
- No Load Speed (variable speed): 275 - 530 ft./min.
- Variable speed dial: Yes
- Built-in light: Yes
- Overall Length: 20-5/8 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 14.3 lb.
- Power Type: Cordless
- Form Factor (LXT): 18V LXT®
- Motor Type: Brushed
- Shipping Weight: 16.5 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-672016
- 4-3/4" cutting capacity accepts a 44-7/8" blade and is ideal for cutting multiple metal materials
- Makita-built motor delivers faster cutting with variable speed 275-530 ft./min.
- Protection circuit with built-in alert light provides over-torque motor protection warning for increased durability
- Trigger switch with lock-off feature requires two actions to power on the band saw
- Conveniently located variable speed control dial enables user to match the speed to the application
- Thick protective rubber bumper for added durability
- Tool hook secures the tool when not in use
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 20-5/8" long and 14.3 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Adjustable stopper plate protects material and provides positive support for accurate cuts
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area for increased visibility
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Externally accessible brushes for greater serviceability
- On-board wrench storage for quick and easy stopper plate adjustment
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Battery and charger sold separately
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) 44-7/8" 18 TPI Bi-Metal Portable Band Saw Blade (792556-A)