36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless String Trimmer, Tool Only
The Makita® 36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless String Trimmer, Tool Only (XRU17Z) delivers power and ease-of-use for commercial applications. It has the power equivalent to a 30cc gas string trimmer, but without the hassles of gas. The cordless brush cutter has lower noise, zero emissions, and reduced maintenance.
Features of the cordless string trimmer include a 17" cutting swath for increased productivity, a BL™ Brushless Motor for power, and a variable speed trigger switch to control cutting speed. The steel drive shaft provides less vibration and durability for longer life. It has three speed options (4,600/5,500/7,000 RPM). The Automatic Torque Drive Technology mode automatically shifts speeds to extend run time or add power. The reverse rotation function allows the user to quickly clear trimmer head of entangled grass and weeds.
The string trimmer features Makita Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™). XPT™ is a protective seal inside the tool and is engineered for improved operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V LXT System, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. Batteries are sold separately.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Cutting Swath: 17 in.
- No Load Speed (var. 3 spd.): 0 - 4,600 / 0 - 5,500 / 0 - 7,000 RPM
- Arbor Shaft: M10 x 1.25 LH
- Overall Length: 72-1/2 in.
- Net Weight (without battery): 10.9 lb.
- Net Weight (with battery): 13.7 lb.
- Battery: 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Power Type: Cordless
- Form Factor (LXT): X2
- Motor Type: Brushless
- Shipping Weight: 20.82 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-890007
- No gas, emissions, oil mixing or pull starts
- Power equivalent to a 30cc gas string trimmer
- Makita-built BL™ Brushless Motor provides high power and increased torque
- 17" cutting swath for increased productivity
- Variable speed trigger switch for controlled cutting speed
- Steel drive shaft for less vibration and longer equipment life
- Automatic Torque Drive Technology mode automatically shifts from 4,600-7,000 RPM for extended run time or added power
- 3 speed options (Low: 4,600 RPM, Medium: 5,500 RPM, High: 7,000 RPM) for power management
- Reverse rotation function allows operator to quickly clear trimmer head of entangled grass and weeds
- Loop handle equipped with barrier bar for compatibility with brush cutter blades
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions
- Includes bump and feed trimmer head loaded with 0.080" twisted quiet line
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Batteries and charger not included
- 3-year limited warranty
- (1) Bump & Feed Trimmer Head, M10 X 1.25 LH (198892-0)
- (1) Shoulder Strap (125520-4)