4-1/2" SJS™ Paddle Switch Angle Grinder
The 9564P 4-1/2 in. Angle Grinder combines a Makita-built 10 AMP motor with best-in-class durability features to deliver more output power and increased performance. The 9564P is ideal for welders, fabricators, ship yard contractors, masons, electricians, automotive technicians, stone and tile contractors, HVAC, and more.
The 9564P is equipped with SJS™ mechanical clutch syster, a Makita innovation engineered to protect the motor and gears. With SJS™, the drive shaft from the armature to the drive gear is spring-loaded during normal grinding load. If binding occurs or the wheel is forced to stop, the spring is compressed, which allows the drive shaft to slip. The result: gear tension is minimized for longer gear life as the armature continues to rotate, which helps prevent motor burn-out.
The motor-protection function of SJS™ is mechanical, not electronic. This is a key point-of-difference, as the mechanical function does not require the contractor to stop and re-start the tool in the event that the wheel is forced to stop. With an electronic clutch, the tool requires a re-start.
The 9564P is distinguished from other grinders in its class by three innovative dust and debris defense features. First is Labyrinth Construction, a series of channels engineered to capture dust and debris. This prevents contaminants from penetrating the gear box and main bearing. A second feature is Makita's unique “zig zag" application pattern, which is a more innovative option than simply covering the coils with epoxy. The zig-zag pattern allows space for heat to escape, yet at the same time the zig-zag pattern forms a solid barrier under rotation to prevent debris from attaching. Finally, the Dust Sealed Drive Bearing is a spring-loaded metal seal is engineered to stop dust and debris from entering the drive bearing.
Additional performance features include a larger cooling fan and blades, which pull more air through the motor to help maintain lower operating temperatures, as well as spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of power.
- Wheel Diameter: 4-1/2 in.
- AMPS: 10
- No Load Speed: 11,900 RPM
- Spindle Type: 5/8 in. - 11 UNC
- Lock-On Switch: No
- Lock-Off Switch: Yes
- Switch Type: Body grip/paddle
- Overall Length: 12-1/8 in.
- Net Weight: 5.1 lb.
- Variable speed dial: No
- Power Type: Corded
- Bind-Up Control: Yes
- Shipping Weight: 6.5 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-638432
- Powerful 10.0 AMP motor delivers more output and 11,900 RPM for the most demanding applications
- SJS™ technology is a mechanical clutch system that helps prevent motor and gear damage by allowing the drive shaft to slip if the wheel is forced to stop
- Larger cooling fan and blades pull more air through the motor to help maintain lower operating temperature
- Paddle switch with no lock-on for operator comfort
- Labyrinth construction prevents debris from penetrating the motor, bearings and gears for longer tool life
- “Clam-shell" gear box design for greater durability and easier servicing.
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Zig-zag varnish protects the armature coil from dust and debris for longer motor life
- Spring loaded metal sealed drive bearing is engineered to prevent dust and debris from penetrating drive bearing
- "Tool-less" wheel guard for more convenient adjustments
- (1) 4-1/2" Tool-less Wheel Guard (135107-4)
- (1) Lock Nut (193465-4)
- (1) Lock Nut Wrench (782424-9)
- (1) Inner Flange (224399-1)
- (1) Side Handle (153489-2)