5" SJS™II High-Power Angle Grinder with Cutting/Tuck Point Guard
The Makita 5" SJS™II High Power Angle Grinder with 5" Tuck Point Guard combines power, convenience, comfort and motor-protection features for longer-lasting industrial performance. The grinder with tuck point guard is an efficient solution for clean and accurate tuck pointing and cutting. The grinder can also be used with the standard grinding guard (included) and is ideal for cutting, grinding ferrous metal, paint and rust removal, shipyard maintenance, metal polishing, general steel grinding, auto repair work, cutting brick and masonry, restoration work, and more.
The GA5042CX1 is equipped with SJS™II, a mechanical gear drive system to help prevent motor and gear damage by dampening the force on the gear when the wheel is forced to stop. SJS™II is also features a leaf spring and cam gear drive mechanism that is engineered to reduce vibration for increased operator comfort during extended use.
The 12 AMP motor delivers 2,800-11,000 RPM for versatility and maximum productivity. Labyrinth construction protects the motor with a complex set of channels, prohibiting dust and contamination from entering the motor. Additional protection features include a zig-zag epoxy applied to both sides of the armature coil, and a powder-coating to the field. This forms a barrier under rotation and is engineered to protect from dust and debris penetration for longer tool life.
- Wheel Diameter: 5 in.
- AMPS: 12
- No Load Speed (variable speed): 2,800 - 11,000 RPM
- Max. Cutting Depth: 1 in.
- Spindle Type: 5/8 in. - 11 UNC
- Lock-On Switch: Yes
- Lock-Off Switch: No
- Switch Type: Body grip/slide
- Overall Length: 11-7/8 in.
- Net Weight: 5.4 lb.
- Variable speed dial: Yes
- Power Type: Corded
- Bind-Up Control: No
- Shipping Weight: 13 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-698788
- Powerful 12.0 AMP motor delivers more output and variable (2,800 - 11,000) RPM
- SJS™II provides a leaf spring and cam gear drive mechanism that is engineered to reduce vibration for increased operator comfort during extended use
- Includes a 5" dust extraction guard for clean and accurate tuck pointing and cutting applications
- Guard offers a durable, high quality metal construction
- Plunge feature allows for maximum material removal and up to 1" cutting depth when used with a 5" blade
- Guard provides easily adjustable depth stop and depth setting for added user convenience
- Guard offers a clear viewing window for improved visibility
- Side handle can be installed in various locations on the tuck point guard for operator comfort
- Electronic Controller provides constant speed control which automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load
- Electronic Controller provides soft start which is designed to suppress start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Electronic Controller provides an electronic current limiter which helps protect the motor from overload in high torque applications
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from debris damage for longer tool life
- Complete zig-zag epoxy is applied to both sides of the armature coil and a powder coating to the field for protection from debris and longer tool life
- Variable speed control dial enables user to match the speed to the application
- Slide switch with lock-on for continuous use
- (1) 5" Dust Extraction Tuck Point Guard (196845-3)
- (1) Inner Flange (224399-1)
- (1) Lock Nut Wrench (782412-6)
- (1) 5" Dual Sandwich Diamond Tuck Point Blade (A-96017)
- (1) 5" Tool-less Wheel Guard (123145-8)
- (1) Vibration Dampening Side Handle (162258-0)
- (1) Lock Nut (224568-4)