Providing more productivity, precision, and control, the new Ryan® Jr. Sod Cutter – Hydro has the features you need to power through the cut.
It’s time for a NEW gold standard with the Ryan® Jr. Sod Cutter – Hydro.
Providing more productivity, precision, and control, the new Ryan® Jr. Sod Cutter – Hydro has the features you need to power through the cut. An exclusive Ryan® designed hydraulic cooling system and Hydro-Gear® BDU transmission give you unrivaled durability and reliability for maximum productivity. Independent of the cutting blade, the variable speed hydrostatic transmission has both forward and reverse drive for incredible versatility. Plus, your arms will thank you after experiencing a vibration reduction of 75% thanks to Ultra-Low Vibration Technology. Available in both 18” and 24” models, it’s time to cut with confidence.
- Engine Model: 4-Cycle Honda® GX160; recoil start; on/off switch; low-oil alert
- Displacement: 9.9 cu in. (163 cc)
- Fuel Capacity: 0.82 gal. (3.1 L)
- Oil Capacity: .0.61 qt. (.58 L)
- Blade Drive: A spring tensioned belt drives an enclosed #50 roller chain running in oil to the blade eccentric shaft.
- Traction Drive: A spring tensioned belt drives a Hydro-Gear® BDU hydrostat that transfers power through an enclosed oil lubricated gear and chain reduction to the drive wheels.
- Drive Wheel: (2) 8 in. (203 mm) diameter, knob tread; rubber-vulcanized to cast-iron hubs
- Lubrication: Oil splash in gear case
- Transport Speed.: 4 mph (6.4 kph)
- Reverse Speed: 0-2 mph (0-3.2 kph)
- Cutting Speed: 0-2 mph (3.2 kph)
- Cutting Width: 18 in. (457 mm) or 24 in. (610 mm)
- Cutting Thickness: Adjustable up to 2.5 in. (64 mm)
- Weight/Wet: 18 in Model: 380 lb. (172 kg)
- Weight/Wet: 24 in Model: 398 lb. (181 kg)
- Width: 25 in. (635 mm)
- Length: 52.5 in. (1334 mm)
- Height: 35.5 in. (902 mm)