SH SERIES SH255
Designed for the consumer. Built for the pro. The hard-working SH Series engine is designed for quick, easy maintenance. Heavy-duty features like cast-iron cylinder liners add long-life protection.
- Better fuel efficiency and cleaner emissions with overhead valve design vs. L-head design
- Built to last with cast-iron cylinder liners and crankshafts
- Automatic engine protection - Oil Sentry™ shuts down the engine in low-oil conditions
- Effortless starts with large indexable recoil starter and dual ball bearings
- Smooth operation from reduced noise and vibration
- Engine type: 4-cycle, gasoline, OHV, cast iron cylinder bore, aluminum block
- HP: 5.5 HP (4.2 kW)
- Displacement: 12 cu. in. (196 cc)
- Bore: 2.7 in. (68 mm)
- Stroke: 2.1 in. (54 mm)
- Gross Torque: 10 ft. lb. (13.6 Nm)
- Compression Ratio: 8.5:1
- Dry Weight: 35.3 lb. (16 kg)
- Oil Capacity: 0.63 US qt.(0.6 L)
- Lubrication: Splash
- Dimensions LxWxH: 12.5 x 14.4 x 13.5 in.
- Backpressure Limit: 25
- Certified Power: 5.1 HP (3.8 kW)
- Certified RPM: 3600
- Emissions Compliance: EU Stage V; CARB Phase III; EPA Phase III
- Engine Type: Consumer
- Pressure Washer
- Log Splitter
NOTES:Length is PTO to recoil cover. Width is fuel tank to muffler. Height is from mounting surface to top of muffler. Power (HP) and Torque (ft. lb.) specifications for Kohler general purpose engines are rated pursuant to Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) J1940 based on gross output testing performed according to SAE J1995 without the air cleaner and muffler. Actual engine power and torque are lower and affected by accessories (air cleaner, exhaust, charging, cooling, fuel pump, etc.), application, engine speed, ambient operating conditions (temperature, humidity and altitude) and other factors. This J1940 / J1995 rating provides consistent measurement to customers who may want to control the intake and exhaust features of the engine. For more information, contact Kohler Co. Engine Engineering Department. Kohler Co. reserves the right to change product specifications, designs and standard equipment without notice and without incurring obligation. Backpressure Limit expressed in Inches of H20 @ 3600 RPM WOT J1995 power and torque certified by 3rd Party Witness
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION ⚠ 65 WARNING ⚠
WARNING: This product contains chemicals know to the state of California to cause cancer and birth decects or other reproductive harm.
ADVERTENCIA: Este producto contiene productos quimicos reconocideos por el estado de California que provocan cancer, defectos de nacimiento u otros danos reproductivos.
For more information: www.p65warnings.ca.gov