This gasoline-powered hedge trimmer delivers improved fuel efficiency, lighter weight, ergonomic design and increased blade speed when compared to previous models - great for tackling heavy-duty shrub trimming and rejuvenation.
The HS 87 R features a single-sided 30” blade, faster blade speed and increased engine torque*, resulting in greater cutting effectiveness and efficiency. It is great for pruning and rejuvenating overgrown shrubs, while its lightweight design is well balanced for easy maneuverability. The “R” indicates a cutting blade designed for thinning, rejuvenation and pruning of thick shrubs and hedges. Its new, low-emission engine uses 20% less fuel than previous models, reducing fuel costs and improving the bottom line. And its low-vibration technology make extended use more comfortable.
*as compared to previous models
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Single-Sided Blades: STIHL hedge trimmers with single-sided blades are ideal for cutting hedges in one direction that range between waist and chest height.
- Displacement: 22.7 cc (1.4 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 0.7 kW (0.94 bhp)
- Fuel Capacity: 460 cc (15.6 oz.)
- Blade Length: 30" (76.2 cm)
- Strokes Per Minute: 3,100
- Power Source: Gas
- Weight*: With 30" blade: 5.5 kg (12.1 lb.)