Compact and efficient farm and ranch chain saw featuring Easy2Start™ technology and an excellent power-to-weight ratio.
STIHL took a top-rated saw and made it better. The MS 194 C-E has greater displacement, more power, and improved cutting performance versus the previous model - without adding weight and reducing user fatigue. Top that with a fuel-efficient engine for longer run times and less downtime. STIHL Easy2Start™ system provides easy starts; toolless fuel and oil filter caps make refueling and adding oil easy. The MS 194 C-E is ideal for felling small trees, tree trimming and firewood cutting. Experience STIHL innovation at work with the MS 194 C-E.
- Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- STIHL Easy2Start™ (E): The STIHL Easy2Start™ system makes starting STIHL outdoor power tools almost effortless, eliminating the need for a strong pull of the starting cord. This advanced starting system is designed to make starting STIHL products easier. The specific system may vary by model, but in each case, a quick pull overcomes the engine's compression to minimize the strength and effort required to start. Available on selected products.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor is designed to automatically adjust the air/fuel ratio when the air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains the engine's correct RPM. IntelliCarb™ uses air from the clean side of the air filter to control the diaphragm and flow of fuel. As the air filter becomes dirty and less air is available for the carburetor, the IntelliCarb™ system adjusts the fuel flow to compensate for the decrease in air flow. This is in contrast to typical carburetors that utilize this air from the “dirty" side of the air box.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- STIHL Quickstop®: STIHL chainsaws are equipped with a chain stopping system designed to reduce the risk of injury in certain kickback situations. It is called a STIHL Quickstop® chain brake. The STIHL Quickstop® chain brake is designed to stop the rotation of the chain if activated by the operator's hand or by inertia if the saw kicks back with sufficient force. In some working positions, the STIHL Quickstop® chain brake can be activated by inertia, stopping the chain within fractions of a second.
- Ematic™ Lubrication System: The Ematic™ guide bar, when used with STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain, will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
- Displacement: 31.8 cc (1.94 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 1.4 kW (1.88 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 3.45 kg (7.6 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 270 cc (9.1 oz)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 220 cc (7.4 oz)
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended Ranges): 30 to 40 cm (12" to 16")