A top-handle chainsaw that delivers the performance tree care professionals need to spend more time working and less time fueling.
With its exceptional power-to-weight ratio, the MS 194 T packs professional-grade performance into a compact and lightweight body. Its efficient, low-emission engine delivers excellent fuel economy, allowing users to save money on gas and save time on refueling. One-touch stop allows users to turn off the engine with the press of a button, which saves time and reduces the chance of flooding when restarting. Dependable and hardworking, the MS 194 T also includes a diagnostic port, making it easy to identify and service.
- Displacement: 31.8 cc (1.94 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 1.4 kW (1.88 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 3.3 kg (7.28 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 270 cc (9.1 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 220 cc (7.4 oz.)
- Oilomatic® Chain: 3/8" PM
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended Ranges): 30 to 40 cm (12” to 16”)
- Built-in retractable carry ring: The built-in carry handle makes it convenient and easy to maneuver in and out of trees.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor is designed to automatically adjust the air/fuel ratio when the air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains the engine’s correct RPM. IntelliCarb™ uses air from the clean side of the air filter to control the diaphragm and flow of fuel. As the air filter becomes dirty and less air is available for the carburetor, the IntelliCarb™ system adjusts the fuel flow to compensate for the decrease in air flow. This is in contrast to typical carburetors that utilize this air from the "dirty" side of the air box.
- Purge Pump Primer: The purge pump primer feature enables the user to prime the carburetor with fuel, enabling easier starting. The purge pump primer is designed in a way that the operator cannot flood the machine by priming the carburetor too many times. Flooding the engine is still possible if the choke is not removed after the engine turns over.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Top handle (T): The top-handle model is specially designed for in-tree professional use only!
- STIHL Quickstop®: STIHL chainsaws are equipped with a chain stopping system designed to reduce the risk of injury in certain kickback situations. It is called a STIHL Quickstop® chain brake. The STIHL Quickstop® chain brake is designed to stop the rotation of the chain if activated by the operator’s hand or by inertia if the saw kicks back with sufficient force. In some working positions, the STIHL Quickstop® chain brake can be activated by inertia, stopping the chain within fractions of a second.
- Ematic™ Lubrication System: The Ematic™ guide bar, when used with STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain, will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
- Master Control Lever™: The Master Control Lever™ is an easy to use single lever, operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch. The operator must pull the throttle trigger before moving the Master Control Lever™ to the choke position.