A high-performance, fuel-efficient chainsaw. Great for felling, firewood cutting and storm cleanup.
Another high-tech STIHL chainsaw, the MS 291 is built around one of our new fuel-saving engines with longer run times and lower emissions. And with an advanced pre-separation air filtration system, your air filter can last up to five times longer. Another great feature is an advanced anti-vibration system to reduce user fatigue. STIHL engineering is to thank for this high-powered, high-tech, low-maintenance chainsaw. It is truly a force to be reckoned with.
- Displacement: 55.5 cc (3.39 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 2.8 kW (3.76 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 5.6 kg (12.3 Ibs.)
- Fuel Capacity: 500 cc (16.9 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 240 cc (8.12 oz.)
- Oilomatic® Chain: .325 RM3
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended Ranges): 40 to 50 cm (16" to 20")STIHL ROLLOMATIC®
- Power Source: Gas
- Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Pre-Separation Air Filtration System: This time-saving technology boosts the efficiency of the engine’s filter system, doubling the time between air filter cleanings. Air drawn into the engine is first separated via centrifugal force, ejecting the heavier dirt particles before being routed to the air filter. This pre-separation means less dirt to be captured by the air filter, resulting in less frequent cleaning and maintenance.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.