The MS 500i R —the first chainsaw on the worldwide market with a wrap-handle design and electronically controlled fuel injection.
The MS 500i R —the first chainsaw on the worldwide market with a wrap-handle design and electronically controlled fuel injection —is designed and built specifically to meet the needs of forestry personnel and tree service professionals. An excellent power-to-weight ratio and wrap-handle design make this saw a versatile tool for felling, bucking or delimbing operations in multiple positions. A combination of leading-edge innovation and world-class engineering, the MS 500i R is able to deliver uncompromising performance with rapid acceleration thanks to its unique fuel injection system, making it a nearly unparalleled addition to the growing catalog of legendary STIHL equipment.
- Displacement: 79.2 cc (4.83 in.3)
- Engine Power: 5.0 kW (6.7 bhp)
- Fuel Capacity: 785 cc (26.05 oz.)
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended Ranges): 40 cm to 90 cm (16” to 36”)
- Weight: 6.7 kg (14.8 lbs.) (R Version)
- Oil Capacity: 325 cc (11.0 oz.)
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- STIHL ElastoStart™: The ElastoStart™ starter handle is an exclusive feature of STIHL. It is a starting grip with a built-in shock absorber that helps reduce the effort when pulling on the starter cord. The ElastoStart™ starter grip noticeably reduces the sudden peak forces (compression) normally felt during cranking. The forces which occur at the grip after the first compression stroke are smoothed out.
- Fuel and oil caps with retainers: The fuel and oil cap retainers keep the caps attached to the unit for added convenience.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Wrap Handle (R): Saw can be used in multiple positions for felling or limbing with hands in the proper positions.
- Wrap handle version (R) with extended chip deflector on sprocket cover
- Ematic™ Lubrication System: The Ematic™ guide bar, when used with STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain, will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
- Decompression Valve: The decompression valve, also referred to as 'deco' or 'deco valve', vents compression in the cylinder for easier starting. The decompression valve temporarily reduces the compression in the combustion chamber during cranking and helps reduce the effort needed to pull the starter rope. It is opened manually and closes automatically as soon as the engine fires.
- Ease of use: A user friendly tool for a variety of tasks.
- The new HD2 air filter on this unit is washable, providing extremely long filter life and lowering maintenance costs. The large surface area allows for longer run times between cleanings and high performance even while operating in dusty and dry conditions. Overall, the HD2 air filter provides better protection of the engine compared to standard air filters.
- When used with STIHL OILOMATIC ® saw chain and STIHL Ematic ™ guide bars, the high output oiler can supply additional lubrication if needed for longer guide bars and/or dry/dusty cutting conditions.
- The quarter-turn shroud lock provides quick access, so users can quickly and efficiently service the chain saw with minimal down time on the job.
- Allows users to get more done by minimizing fatigue.
- Sensor-controlled fuel metering delivers the right amount of fuel.
- Lightweight sprocket cover with captive bar nuts.
- Unique bumper spike design ensures pros can expect optimal performance regardless of what species of tree they're cutting.
- Quick acceleration helps deliver excellent cutting performance.
- Allows dealers to quickly identify where service might be needed.Diagnostic software
- Simplified Starting Procedure: Saves the user time and reduces the chance of flooding the engine when starting.