The MS 661 MAGNUM® chainsaw delivers the professional power and rugged dependability you need to take on tough felling jobs.
The MS 661 MAGNUM® professional chainsaw delivers the reliable power and rugged dependability you need for felling, de-limbing, and bucking large diameter trees. This chainsaw features a simple, proven, and non-electronic design.A fuel-efficient engine and low-maintenance air filtration system help keep operating costs low, while the STIHL anti-vibration management system reduces operator fatigue and improves handling when compared to the MS 660, even when using long guide bars. The MS 661 MAGNUM® chainsaw is the perfect partner for forestry, municipal, and tree service professionals.
- Displacement: 91.1 cc (5.56 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 5.4 kW (7.2 bhp)
- Fuel Capacity: 850 cc (28.7 oz.)
- Weight: 7.5 kg (16.5 lbs.)
- Oil Capacity: 400 cc (13.5 oz.)
- Adjustable Automatic Oiler: The Adjustable Automatic Oiler allows the user to adjust the lubricant of the guide bar and saw chain for different bar lengths and cutting conditions.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- STIHL ElastoStart™: The ElastoStart™ starter handle is an exclusive feature of STIHL. It is a starting grip with a built-in shock absorber that helps reduce the effort when pulling on the starter cord. The ElastoStart™ starter grip noticeably reduces the sudden peak forces (compression) normally felt during cranking. The forces which occur at the grip after the first compression stroke are smoothed out.
- Fuel and oil caps with retainers: The fuel and oil cap retainers keep the caps attached to the unit for added convenience.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Decompression Valve: The decompression valve, also referred to as 'deco' or 'deco valve', vents compression in the cylinder for easier starting. The decompression valve temporarily reduces the compression in the combustion chamber during cranking and helps reduce the effort needed to pull the starter rope. It is opened manually and closes automatically as soon as the engine fires.
- The new HD2 air filter on this unit is washable, providing extremely long filter life and lowering maintenance costs. The large surface area allows for longer run times between cleanings and high performance even while operating in dusty and dry conditions. Overall, the HD2 air filter provides better protection of the engine compared to standard air filters.