Innovative and surprisingly powerful STIHL Lithium-Ion battery-powered chainsaw.
Now here's a game changer in chainsaws. Lightweight. Powerful. Easy to start. Quiet. With no mixing. No cords. And almost no sound. (Your neighbors will love this saw as much as you do.) The MSA 160 C-B is powered by a Lithium-Ion battery. This little workhorse starts instantly, delivering 36 volts of power from its commercial-grade, high-torque brushless motor. Enough power to take on just about any cutting job in your yard. And the Quick Chain Adjuster allows you to adjust the chain tension without tools for added convenience.
The actual listed guide bar length can vary from the effective cutting length based on which powerhead it is installed on. Run time may vary based on battery type, charge level and capacity, model, operating style and conditions. Batteries and chargers can be purchased separately or as a combined set with tool.
- Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- STIHL Quickstop® Plus (Q) - an additional chain braking feature: STIHL offers an additional, manually-activated chain brake on some models. This system is designed to engage when the operator's right hand completely releases the rear handle, stopping the chain within one second. Available on some models.
- STIHL Quickstop®: STIHL chainsaws are equipped with a chain stopping system designed to reduce the risk of injury in certain kickback situations. It is called a STIHL Quickstop® chain brake. The STIHL Quickstop® chain brake is designed to stop the rotation of the chain if activated by the operator's hand or by inertia if the saw kicks back with sufficient force. In some working positions, the STIHL Quickstop® chain brake can be activated by inertia, stopping the chain within fractions of a second.
- Ematic™ Lubrication System: The Ematic™ guide bar, when used with STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain, will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
- STIHL Electric Brushless Motor: Lightweight and compact, STIHL electric motors require minimal maintenance and feature low noise levels and reduced vibration.
- Quick Chain Adjuster (QCA) (B): The Quick Chain Adjuster (QCA) (B) allows the user to adjust the tension of the chain without the use of tools. This allows for easy chain adjustment.
- Rubberized Soft Touch Handle: Soft rubber texture is both easy to grip and makes the product comfortable to hold for extended periods.
- Coast-down Brake: A controlled braking device (Q) to stop the rotating chain when the trigger is released.
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended Ranges): 25 to 35cm (10" to 12") ROLLOMATIC® E
- Chain Oil Capacity: 210 cc (7.4 oz.)
- Oilomatic® Chain: 1/4" STIHL PICCO™
- Power Source: Battery
- Run Time (w/ AP 200): Up to 42 minutes
- Powerhead Weight (w/ Recommended Battery): w/ AP 300 4.8 kg (9.8 lb.)
- Battery Series: AP Series
- Powerhead Weight: 2.7 kg (6.0 lbs.)