The first lithium-ion top handle chainsaw in the STIHL Battery lineup, the MSA 161 T provides the power of gasoline with the benefits of battery-powered products.
A member of the AP Battery Series, the MSA 161 T is ideal for professional arborists looking for lightweight, quiet performance for in-tree work. Equipped with a commercial-grade, brushless electric motor, this zero-exhaust top-handle chainsaw delivers ideal speed, cutting capacity and run times. This chainsaw also features instant-start technology and is easy to use and maneuver, reducing user fatigue. The MSA 161 T is also equipped with a 1/4" STIHL PICCO™ saw chain for precise cutting performance and providing clean, smooth cuts, making it ideal for pruning and in-tree maintenance. Experience the benefits of a battery-powered, high-performance chainsaw with the MSA 161 T.
- Guide Bar Length: 30 cm (12")71 STIHL PICCO™ Micro™ 3 (PM3) 65
- Chain Oil Capacity: 103.5 cc (3.5 oz.)
- Run Time (w/ AP 200): Up to 42 Minutes
- Battery Series: AP Series
- Powerhead Weight: 2.1 kg (4.6 lb.)
- Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- STIHL Quickstop® Plus (Q) - an additional chain braking feature: STIHL offers an additional, manually-activated chain brake on some models. This system is designed to engage when the operator's right hand completely releases the rear handle, stopping the chain within one second. Available on some models.
- STIHL Quickstop®: STIHL chainsaws are equipped with a chain stopping system designed to reduce the risk of injury in certain kickback situations. It is called a STIHL Quickstop® chain brake. The STIHL Quickstop® chain brake is designed to stop the rotation of the chain if activated by the operator's hand or by inertia if the saw kicks back with sufficient force. In some working positions, the STIHL Quickstop® chain brake can be activated by inertia, stopping the chain within fractions of a second.
- Ematic™ Lubrication System: The Ematic™ guide bar, when used with STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain, will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
- STIHL Electric Brushless Motor: Lightweight and compact, STIHL electric motors require minimal maintenance and feature low noise levels and reduced vibration.
- Lightweight Portability: Great for maneuverability and extended use.